Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Pumpkin Time!

Super cute postcard arrived in my box!  Talk about completely adorable! These types of postcards are really my favorite. I had no clue it was coming my way and I was fabulously surprised.  I love when people decide they want to send me a little something, surprising me and assisting my project.  This particular postcard was a cute, little hand drawn number of a little girl and someone else carrying a large, orange pumpkin down the path.  It was complete with a little bird, mushrooms growing on the wood, and a huge pumpkin tree, ripe for harvest.   I loved the artistic aspect of it!
See how cute it is! I also loved the incredibly beautiful stamps that were pasted to the back of the postcard.  The flower was especially beautiful!  I'm not exactly sure what the top stamp is referring to, but I enjoy it immensely.  
I was lucky in the aspect of the surprise postcard gracing my presence.  I became even luckier when I found out the written words on the back pertained to my blog!  I love the quote that was sent to me.  
"Reputation is what men and women think of us.  Character is what God and angels know of us."
- Lana Del Rey
This quote is pretty powerful on both a personal and a spiritual level.  Though a belief in God is not necessary to garner the seriousness of the quote. :) Reputations are usually what precede a person, but they can sometimes come from rumors of other people.  Though they can be carved by how a person acts, they are also a result of how others talk of them.  Character is on a completely different level.  This quote makes me think of the one "Character is who you are when no one is looking." and it's so true.  Character is who you are within, more than skin deep.  It's what forms you as a person and gives you almost a 'code' by which you live and interact with others.  It's true to you and it's important to humanity.  

I also loved the handwriting! How beautiful is that?  It is so neat and precise and perfect for a postcard. Neat handwriting always makes me happy when I find it on the back of postcards.  The last happy note from this postcard was the greeting in the sender's native language! So I'll send you on your way with the same greeting! :)  Thanks for stopping by!

"Semoga harimu menyenangkan." -> Have a nice day!

Happy Mailing!

-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment