Monday, October 26, 2015

Happiness Is...#2 Jam!

     A beautiful postcard from Indonesia found it's way to my mailbox  recently and I have to say, I love it! It looks like it came from national museum of some sort. One that I believe I would really enjoy visiting! I greatly enjoy the postcards that send me on a little trip somewhere other than where I am stuck.  My mother loves to watch House Hunters International because the different places people move to give her a chance to see places she would otherwise not be able to see.  It's the same idea for me.  Having the chance to see postcards from around the world give me a glimpse of what is outside of here.  Who knows if I'll ever have a chance to visit? I sure hope so!


     When I read the quote written on the back, I couldn't help but smile.  It was so, *so* true.
"Happiness is like jam.  You can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself."
     Happiness is one of those things that is so very, very contagious for people.  I know for me, it's so very difficult to refrain from smiling when witnessing happiness, whether it's with people or even animals!  Miriam-Webster states that Happiness is " a state of well-being and contentment; joy; and  a pleasurable or satisfying experience."  Though I have to battle daily with anxiety, I've never had an issue with finding happiness in things.  Whether it's scrolling through Ag pages on Facebook, playing with my puppy, or riding my horses, I can find happiness in my life.  Can you?  

     I believe that happiness is an integral ingredient in the recipe we call life.  <---  That was dorky, right?  But seriously.  Do you think you can have a successful, healthy life without happiness? I  don't believe so.  Especially with something as easy as a small piece happiness here and there.  I know better than most that happiness isn't always abundant in life, particularly when things seem to be headed towards a depressive state. But happiness is free for the taking and always available.  Sometimes it's right there in front of you, your family or your animals, but sometimes you do actually have to get out there and find it.   I promise it will be worth it.      

     Been having a rough go of things lately?  Has this Monday got you down?  I challenge you to go find happiness in your life today and let us know what that was for you! It doesn't have to be big, small happiness is still happiness!  If you have it within your means to provide someone else with happiness, let  us know about that too!

I loved this quote and I hope you guys enjoy it as well!

Happy Mailing!
-Jessa



No comments:

Post a Comment