Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Love Rule #11

     Today's postcard comes to us from the Phoenix area and it's here to start us on the Love Rules!  I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to get our Love Rules started!  I'm going to state now that the probability of these Love Rules coming in in order is grossly overrated.  Believe me.  I've had to talk myself over it several times.  I was thinking about waiting until I had ones that were in order, but with how the post works and having volunteers write on the postcards, it could take weeks, or even months, before I would be able to post the first Love Rule.  Ya feel?   I've also realized that I'll probably have some postcards coming in that will overlap in numbers.  Haven't quite decided how I'm going to address that, and honestly, I probably won't until that problem arises!  I'm pretty good at procrastination.

     I've actually been to Bedrock City up at the Grand Canyon, AZ.  It was on my Bucket List, so this postcard was in my collection of self bought postcards from my travels.  The theme park was pretty stinkin' awesome if I do say so myself.  It was totally kitschy and cheesy, but I loved it!  The theme shop was full of the traditional touristy schtuff, Flintstones were everywhere, and there was so much to do once you went through the tourist shop.  I couldn't get enough. 


Love Rule # 11-  Love is a risk.  Do it anyway.

     I love this rule.  It really resonates with me with my anxiety and my fear of rejection, especially when I take into consideration my inability to talk to almost anyone of the male persuasion!  I don't even know what it is about them, but it's so, so difficult. What am I losing out on by not taking any risks?  Love is always a risk and you'll never know how it will pay out until you've jumped in and grabbed the bull by the horns.  Sometimes it's more than worth it and everything works out the way you think it should.  Yet sometimes, it just crashes and burns and you wonder how and why everything went wrong.  If you're anything like me, the crashing and the burning seem to be the area that likes to buddy up with me and I absolutely hate it! But because the tries I've had haven't ended up the way I wanted, I tell myself that I'm less likely to want to risk it all and try again.  That fear stops me from putting myself out there.  Who wants to live life always on the sidelines?  I know I don't and I have to do something about it! 

     How many of you guys have taken risks with love?  Did it pay or was it a crash and burner?  Let us know in the comments!

Happy Mailing!
-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment