Friday, November 6, 2015

Farm Fridays #1

Today, we're starting a new themed day for postcard submissions!   Whoohoo! The new themed day is Farm Fridays and all the posts on these days will be farm and agriculture related!  Now, that may seem like a strange thing to have a themed day for, but my mother's side of the family comes from a long line of farmers, ranchers, and ag educators. I have to say that that same blood is running through my veins.  I'm going to school for Animal Science with a  in equine science.  I'm passionate about agriculture and I love the people that come from it, so I figured that a great place to get quotes, advice, and favorite parts about living would be from the people who come from Agriculture.

Today's postcard is centered around "Agriculture Rules" and let me tell you, it's similar to the "Love Rules" we have here and I absolutely love them.  I'll be gathering them all together as well on their own page if you'd ever like to have a reference point!

Our sender, Peggy, resides in South Dakota and sends us "Ag Rule #1" and I have to say, it's a keeper.

"Be the best cook and baker in the area! Word spreads and the best way to get men to beg to come helps is by FOOD!"

She adds "During silage chopping season  we have 6-8 guys helping.  I feed the morning, coffee, dinner, afternoon coffee, and supper for 5-8 days.  We have guys begging to help just for the food.  and I LOVE IT!"

I love reading what she wrote.  Something I will always remember about my Grandmother in the future, and always think about now when I talk about her or see her, is her cooking.  She grew up in Western Nebraska and she has some of the GREATEST "recipes". Now, I put that into quotations because half the time, it's only an outline, but the one thing that is constant is how delicious and amazing the food is.  I'm addicted to cooking  and baking and I can only hope that I'll be able to cook like her one day!

This postcard was a bonnie surprise in my postbox.  I'll definitely have to show it to my grandmother and see what kind of stories she'll be reminded of and feeding the campers at the Farlin Family Farm.  What do you guys think of this rule?  I definitely think it's a good one!

I also loved the stamp. This series was one of my favorites from earlier this year.  There were 10 different designs of the Vintage Flower Seed Packets and I loved them!  So cute!



Happy Mailing!
-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment