Monday, September 21, 2015

Happiness is...Mondays! #1

Hello Hello!!

 For most people, students and workers alike, Monday isn't the best day of the week. You're coming off of a weekend that was hopefully full of fun times and good friends, but more often than not, it was a little break from the ho-hum doldrums of the rest of the week. So why not try to cheer ourselves up? That's my plan with the new Monday themed posts! 

 "Wait, jump back. What's a themed post?" You're asking, right? No worries, I was about to get to that. At Through The Letterbox, I want to have a way to get people to interact with the blog and to have a chance to relate to the postcards I am posting! Quite a few of you guys are on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and most of these have themed hashtags for the week! Yeah, I decided to join in on the fun. ;) Today was the perfect day to start! So, every Monday(we'll, hopefully every Monday :3), I'll have a blog post that revolves around the theme of "Happiness is..." and things that make us happy! I picked Monday because someone, somewhere, might need a pick me up! I hope you'll be able to participate or at least have a desire to participate with us! Keep on reading to see our first #HappinessisMondaysTTLB postcard!

Seriously,  How cute is this little guy?  I had a Shetland pony growing up and man, was he a little stinker!  But when they were good, they were soooo good. I absolutely love this postcard!  Let's see what the back says!

Happiness is...

  • A Mailbox full with happy mail.
  • My daughter (2.5 years) sing today that she loves me.
  • Feeling kicks from the baby. I'm 26 weeks pregnant.
  • Make people smile.
  • Writing postcards with a cup of tea.
How fun is this postcard! These are such great things that make this sender happy. I know I can definitely agree with a few of them!  Having a mailbox full of happy mail is definitely a given for a happy maker!  I always get sad when there's nothing more than bills or the free inserts they include in the newspaper!  Like, seriously.  Who wants bills and free inserts?!  Not me! That's for sure. I'd much rather have cute decorated postcards that scream " Read me! Read me!" or penpal letters with the fun writing and the washi tape.  This kind of leads to another of the listed happy makers.  "Making people smile."  I know I've been getting the mail out of my box and the smile on my face has caught the attention of the clerks behind the counter.  They always want to see the mail that happened to make me so happy.  I love having the chance to share the postcards with other people!  

One of the other things listed on here was "writing postcards with a cup of tea."  I've never really done that at home, but I have stopped at my local coffee shops with blank postcards in hand, sipping a large glass of iced tea as I write to my friends.  But I've never drank hot tea or drank tea at my house while writing.  Have any of you?  I can definitely imagine how that would bring happiness to our lives!

What in particular makes you happy?  Can you relate to any of the listed from this postcard?  Let me know in the comments!   Follow if you haven't already to keep up with my posts and postcards or sign up for email in the sidebar!

Happy Mailing!
-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment