Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Paris

I just love it when a beautiful postcard shows up in my box!  I've never been to Paris, let alone France, but after this postcard, I  know I'd love to go one day! The Postcard is so beautiful.  The Eiffel Tower lit up, with the dark clouds looking purple behind it.  The bright bridge reflected on the water's surface.  I mean c'mon!  How could that not be beautiful!   I want to go there right now! Has anyone reading this post ever been to Paris?  Let us know what you thought in the comments below!

It's just so pretty.  This is the kind of postcard I could see on a wall, as a piece of art.  But it will definitely look amazing in my Postcard Album.  I also found I loved the stamp when I flipped the postcard over to read what was on the back.
This fabulous stamp is a part of the second series of stamps issued by the Singapore Post.  The definitive stamps exhibit the Republic's past quite succinctly.  It's been aptly named "Vanishing Trades" and is a beautiful depiction of Singapore's trades.  Among the rest of the series are cage makers, kite makers, Chinese calligraphers, and the garland maker, like we have here.  The first series, released in  2013, featured several different designs, in which dairy man, kachang puteh seller, and beaded slippers maker were included.   These stamp series are a part of the nation's rich cultural heritage and bear homage to the building and growing of Singapore's past.  I greatly enjoyed this beautiful stamp and learning more about it's origin.   Have you seen any of the others in the series?
Last, but certainly not least, we come to the quote that was inscribed on the back.  
"The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it." - Richard Bach
This quote is so true.  It makes me think of when someone close to you plans a special outing or makes you something special.  They shouldn't require the same action in return.  The best way to think them is to appreciate the moment and everything they did for you to get to that point.   It feels like no one really appreciates the time and effort it takes to do some these favors these days.   We need to remember to be more appreciative of the moments around us and the time others might put in.  We know that sometimes we take things for granted, even when we try not to.

Just some things to keep in mind!  Let me know what you thought of the postcard!

Happy Mailing!
-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment