Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lookie! A Surprise! #1

I got a surprise postcard in the mail the other day.  I was definitely not expecting it!  I am not sure where it came from, or even who, but I am loving it!  I love postcards that I am not expecting!  They are just so much fun.  Surprise mail in the box?  Yes please. :)
I'm not usually one for art, sometimes the pieces get too complicated, you know?  But this postcard is absolutely beautiful.  It's a watercolor painting of Little Harbor Dock, by Leilani Havens, of Muscongus Island, Maine.  The postcard is so pretty and just serene.  I've always loved watercolors and this is a prime example.  Doesn't it just look like a place you just want to take a step into and walk down the dock to the waterfront?  I know I do!  So peaceful and quiet. 
The quote I received on the back of the postcard was pretty great.  It's definitely one of those quotes that has the potential to reach deep down inside of you and start something great.  Sometimes I think too many people are superficial and they don't care about what actually matters outside of themselves.  That sounds harsh, I  know, but just taking a walk outside or reading some tweets on Twitter, and I sometimes feel that there isn’t a big awareness of the bigger picture, you know?  
"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."
-Wordsworth
I know this quote touched me, does it touch you?  How does this quote make you feel?  Let us know in a comment! Or even tell us a quote that has touched you in some way and why.  I love to hear from my readers!

Happy Mailings!
-Jessa


No comments:

Post a Comment