Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Indonesia on A Map

The postcard that comes to me today hails from the beautiful lands of Indonesia.  Though I've never been, I have seen photos that are absolutely beautiful and begging me to come visit.  Not so strangely enough, I can't afford a trip to Indonesia anytime soon but I can receive postcards from wonderful people from Indonesia, as well as all over the world.

This postcard is one of my favorite maps that I've received of yet.  It's so colorful and pretty and fun!  All of the different islands and information on the postcard was super informative!  One of my favorite things about receiving all these different postcards is all the learning I accomplish.  I never knew that there are 17, 508 islands that encompass the Republic of Indonesia, or that only 6,000 of which are inhabited.  Who knew?  They have 150 active volcanoes and 328,000 species of plants and animals.  They also have 300 distinct ethnic groups and 742 different languages and dialects!  How amazing! Just take a look at the postcard and see for myself how beautiful it is!

The quote on the back of the postcard was a perfect choice!  The sender even suggested coming to visit, so the whole thing was travel related! Plus, her handwriting was fabulous.  There wasn't one thing I didn't like about this postcard.
"The world is a book & those who do not travel read only one page."
This quote is so true and really resonates with me, being an avid book reader.   There is just something about getting out there and experiencing everything around you!  Whether it's only a few miles from your home or a thousand miles, getting out there and seeing what the world has to offer is important and so much fun.  So take a step outside and experience something new, Traveled somewhere new recently?  I would love to hear about it!  Let me know in the comments!

Happy mailings!
-Jessa


No comments:

Post a Comment